Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Writing practice -- a good friend.


We had a classroom writing assignment:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Please write a few sentences about your best friend,
or about a good friend.



Things you might write:

  • Tell where you and your friend first met;
  • Tell how you and your friend first met;
  • Describe your friend's personality;
  • Tell about your friend's interests;
  • Tell what you and your friend like to do together;
  • Etc.
=====================================

Some of the sentences I want everyone to be able to write: 
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 

We've known each other since 2006.
2006年に知り合いになってから関係が続いている。


She belongs to the ping pong club.
卓球部の一員です。


She is shorter than me.
彼女は私より背が低いのです。

(But the most correct grammar is,
もっときれいな文法は次の通りです。
She is shorter than I.
Either way is acceptable in high school writing.
高校生の作文にはどちらでもいいです。)



Junior high school is where we met.

知り合ったのは中学校でした。

(Or  
ただし、
We met at junior high school.
feels a little more natural.
のほうがもっと自然の語順です。)


His jokes make me laugh.
彼の冗談で笑っちゃう。


I think [that] she is one of the most important people in my life.
彼女はわたしの人生の中の(一番)重要人物の一人だと思います


We met at the park near my house when I was three years old.
私が3歳だったころ、家に近い公園で会いました。


When we first met, I didn't think she was interesting.
最初に彼女に会ったところ、面白い人に思わなかった。

But now I think that she is very interesting.
今はとても面白い人に思います。


We have become good friends.
仲良い友達になって来ました。


(Or 
または、
We became good friends.

is okay, too.
でもだいたい同じ意味です。)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that others can read your comments.