Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Music Is Creatve -- The 4th Winter Mini-debate 冬季第4のミニ討論 (updated)

Proposition: Music is creative. [un-edited]

Pro:
From my viewpoint, music is a way to express yourself. So, for example, hip hop, or rap, is a perfect way to express yourself to listeners.
Con:
I think music is not creative because I think people don't always listen to the music carefully. So it means it doesn't make any feelings to the people, so it's not creative.
Pro:
Music is creative because songs can change, depends on who sings, or the mood they are in.
Con:
I don't completely think music is creative. Originality is not always creative. Music should move people or make people pleased. Music which doesn't do those is only a mass of sounds.
Pro:
Music can change people. When I was doing DJ work, I felt happy every time. Consequently, music made a happy person like me.
Con:
I think music is not creative because some people don't like DJ or rap music. So  it sometimes makes people feel bad. So it's not creative.
[I think the students were pretty creative, so I don't want to "fix" their sentences. But they need to study for the tests, so the following is edited heavily to standard American English:]

Pro:
The way I think, music is a way to express yourself. Hip hop and rap are perfect ways to express yourself to listeners.
Con:
I don't think it's creative when people don't listen to the music carefully. And if they don't really listen, it doesn't cause them to feel anything So if it doesn't make people feel anything to people, it's not creative.
Pro:
Songs can change, depending on who sings, and on the mood they are in, and I think that's creative.
Con:
I don't completely think music is creative. Originality is not always creative. Music should move people or make people pleased. Music which doesn't do those is only a mass of sounds.
Pro:
Music can change people. When I was doing DJ work, I felt happy all the time. When music makes a person like me happy, that's creative.
.
Con:
People who don't like DJ or rap music will not find much pleasure in listening to it. So  it sometimes makes people feel bad and un-creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that others can read your comments.